- 10th Anniversary Breakfast :: The Collaborative is celebrating our 10th Anniversary of service to low-to-moderate income families in North Carolina with a breakfast on April 3 at the RBC Center. The event is free. Reservations required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-341-6418 for more information.
- North Carolina Saves Week
North Carolina Saves Week a huge success! People from Asheville, Lincolnton and Raleigh came out and learned about credit, savings, identity theft and homeownership from our partners at Fifth Third Bank. Join the Saves campaign and receive bi-monthly newsletters. Sign up at www.northcarolinasaves.org
- Governor Perdue issues Proclamation for North Carolina Saves. Visit North Carolina Saves (www.northcarolinasaves.org) for the details.
- The Collaborative's VISTA project has placed 11 VISTAs in 9 cities in North Carolina through a grant from the Corporation for National and Community Service. Our Winston-Salem VISTA has developed a new website and blog for North Carolina's most successful individual development account partnership. Visit them at www.newcenturyida.org.
- FDIC releases mp3 version of financial education curriculum MoneySmart. For more details go to:
http://www.fdic.gov/consumers/consumer/moneysmart/index.html and click on "portable audio version".
- North Carolina Assets Alliance releases report: The Prosperity Grid for North Carolina: Connecting Household and Communities to Prosperity. This report examines how North Carolina families experience the shifting nature of economic life, and includes recommendations for how the network of institutions across the state can make prosperity possible.